What is Corporate Massage:
Incorporating massage therapy into the workplace is a fantastic up and coming trend as many of today's leading companies are noticing the benefits and ultimately, reaping its rewards. An article from The Financial Times of Canada: "Rubbing Employees the Right Way" showed that an Ontario based company reported a 25% reduction in time off for work related injuries and compensation claims dropped by $200,000 after implementing a chair massage program at work. So, whether it's for staff appreciation day, special events at work, to reward employees and coworkers for making that deadline or simply just because… Office Massage will gladly be there to facilitate your wellness.
Our clients have the option to choose from either a chair or table massage.
- Chair massages are the most popular option in office settings. They are generally brief in duration (15 minutes) and characterized as a dry relaxation massage performed through clothes without the use of any oils (unless requested otherwise).
- Table massages are longer in duration (30 minutes and more). This type of massage is performed using lotion/oil while the client lies on the massage table. Although the client has the right to keep fully clothed, massage is best performed with hand to skin contact. With the client's permission and adequate privacy, the therapist will uncover only the immediate area where the treatment is being performed.
All of our massage sessions are conducted by Massage Therapists that have successfully completed examinations from and have been "registered" by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act. Anyone involved with the company or organization, both employer and employees are able and encouraged to receive a massage specifically catered to their needs.
Typically, corporate massages are scheduled for 15 or 30 minute intervals per session (however, we also cater to clients requesting extended treatments). They are usually performed either during coffee/lunch breaks or at specifically scheduled times, which our clients can personally book with our simple and easy to use online appointment scheduler.
We travel to various locations within Toronto and the GTA to administer specialized massages onsite, right in your workplace. Once we have arrived at your office, our RMT's will require a small, quiet and preferably private area or room to perform treatments. We understand that some offices may be smaller than others and consequently lack free space. However, so long as our client is comfortable with receiving a fully clothed chair massage in a public area (i.e. lunch room), we are more than happy to make such arrangements.
- Increased productivity and alertness
- Increased speed and accuracy
- Prevents burnout and absenteeism
- Relieves stress and tension in the workplace
- Increases morale
- Excellent tool in employee retention
- Attracts new employees
- No cost involvement on the part of the employer (Applies to companies with Extended Health Care)
- Great incentives (gift certificates)
- Pain relief
- Reduce muscle hypertonicity
- Stress/Fatigue reduction
- Helps address postural issues
- Reduce depression
- Decrease anxiety
- Improved sleep quality
- Increased range of motion and circulation
- Helps relieve inflammation
- Overall feeling of well-being